2023 Tire Rack SCCA Time Trials National Tour at Thunderhill Powered by Hagerty
2023 Tire Rack SCCA Time Trials National Tour at Thunderhill Powered by Hagerty
Gear up for an adrenaline-packed adventure at the Tire Rack SCCA Time Trials National Tour! Tour! Whether you're a laid-back driving enthusiast or crave a bit of friendly competition, there are two thrilling ways to fuel your passion on the track.
Experience the thrill of the Track Event—designed for those who simply want to enjoy driving their car on track. From newcomers to seasoned drivers, everyone is welcome dive into a world of like-minded high-performance driving enthusiasts!
For those seeking an extra dose of excitement, Time Trial awaits—your ticket to challenging the clock and fellow enthusiasts in a friendly competition that elevates the intensity. It's not just about podiums; it's about discovering your limits and celebrating fresh personal bests.
But the excitement doesn't stop on the track; immerse yourself in a dynamic community of like-minded track enthusiasts! Off-track, relish in social activities, including the Saturday evening Social Party sponsored by Hagerty, filled with delicious food, endless fun, and camaraderie.
Camping at the track isn't just recommended; it's a vital part of the experience. So, rally your friends and family to witness the on-track thrills and join the off-track festivities!
This isn't merely an event; it's an invitation to be part of the heart-pounding, pulse-racing good times. Don't miss the thrill—join us and ignite the excitement!
- Each driver gets 4-twenty minute sessions per day, regardless of whether they choose to enter the Time Trial or the Track Day.
- Track Event drivers can choose to run both days (with a discounted rate for the second day) or opt for a single day on Saturday or Sunday.
- Time Trial drivers compete over two days, with results based on the fastest lap from three pairs of sessions: two on Saturday afternoon, two on Sunday morning, and two on Sunday afternoon. The podium highlights the three lowest combined times per class.
- Whether you choose Track Event or Time Trial, all drivers will be grouped by their experience level.
Those who want to experience the action, excitement and festivities of a Time Trials National Tour are not limited to drivers. Tech Officials, Timing and Scoring gurus and more are welcome at the event and at the parties. Helping as a volunteer, worker or officials costs nothing and those interested can apply by using the link below.
|Event Lead||John Hunter
|Competition Director||Dan Bullis|
|Driver Coaches||Justin Barbry, Andrew Maffessanti,|
A. GENERAL RULES: This event is governed by the 2023 SCCA Time Trial Rules (TTR), National Competition Format and National Classing as outlined at timetrials.scca.com plus the rules and procedures found on this page.
B. PASSING & TRACK PROCEDURES: Groups will use the suggested passing rules and procedures for Novice, Intermediate and Advanced Drivers as outlined in the “Rules of The Track” section found at timetrials.scca.com.
C. CLOTHING: Drivers are required to wear the minimum clothing outlined in the SCCA Time Trials Rules or as required in the specific track rules for their car and class. Safe apparel must be worn in the pits at all times (shirts and closed toe shoes). Crew members on pit lane must display their event credentials at all times while on pit lane.
D. PACED LAPS: Paced Laps are intended for Novice Drivers and Drivers who have never seen the track. Other drivers may join with permission of their group's driver coach if they join at the back and track density permits.
E. PIT LANE: The speed limit on pit road is 25 mph. No tire scrubbing in the pit lane prior to entering the course.
F. IMPOUND: Drivers will report to impound for post-session debriefs immediately following each session.
G. RESULTS: Live timing will be available during the event at timetrials.scca.com. Provisional and final results will be posted at the Event Center. Additionally, final results will be posted to timetrials.scca.com no later than seven days following the completion of the event.
H. FLAG PROCEDURES: Black Flag Station and other event-specific flagging procedures will be announced at the event.
I. SCALES: Location and Requirements will be available at check-in.
J. EVENT SCHEDULE: Actual session start times may be delayed from the published schedule due to unforeseen circumstances during the event. It is the driver’s responsibility to listen to the PA system and pay attention to activity on track. The schedule or run groups may only be changed (or start times advanced) at the discretion of the Competition Director, with concurrence by the Event Lead, depending on pre-race entry counts or as needed to accommodate situations during the event.
K. COMMUNICATIONS: Radio frequencies used by event officials may be monitored but shall not be used for communication by any participant.
A. DRIVER ELIGIBILITY:The event is open to all drivers with a valid state driver's license and a full membership to the SCCA. If you don't have a membership you can join when you register.
B. TIME TRIALS LICENSES:It will help if you have one, but it's OK if you don't. Event officials will work with you to make sure you get one fitting your experience level at the event. (No charge.)
C. MEDICAL:Please notify the Officials of any pertinent medical condition(s). Any participants involved in an accident in which there is significant damage or any injury, or at a race official’s discretion, MUST present themselves or be transported to the track medical facility for evaluation. Off-site medical transportation fees may apply.
D. MINOR DRIVERS:Drivers 16- and 17-years-old, with a state-issued driver's license can compete, but there is some extra paperwork. Please contact Officials before the event and get approval from the Event Lead.
A. VEHICLE ELIGIBILITY:Competition is open to all vehicles conforming to theNational Time Trials Classes. Some tracks do not allow Electric Vehicles. Please refer to Track Information to verify EV eligibility.
B. DECALS:All cars must have Tire Rack SCCA Time Trials National Tour decals and any required partner decals visibly placed on each side of the vehicle and a Tire Rack windshield banner at the top of the front windshield. Decals will be provided free of charge and may be obtained at registration and/or tech. A diagram of sticker placement for Time Trials National Tour events can be found here:Time Trials National Tour Decal Placement.A diagram of sticker placement for Time Trials Nationals will be available soon.
C. TECHNICAL INSPECTION:All vehicles must be presented at tech to turn intech formsand pass the event safety inspection (Tech) if required prior to any on-course participation. Tech may also check event sponsor decal requirements and verify compliance of Vehicle Identification. Competitors are cautioned that vehicle/identification color combinations such as red/black, red/blue, and white/silver do not have adequate contrast.
D.TIMING & SCORING:All cars are required to use fully operational Westhold, MyLaps/AMB TranX260 or X2 transponders. The driver is responsible for providing correct information to Timing & Scoring. Non-functioning transponders will likely result in the loss of times.
E. RENTAL TRANSPONDERS:Rental transponders are available through registration.
- Thunderhill has a DB limit of 103 for all vehicles and mufflers are required.
- Entrance to the paddock to drop off vehicles and trailers or for early arrival when camping has been previously arranged is 5:30 pm.
- Paddock speed limit is 10mph or less.
- Keep fire lanes open at all times.
- Unauthorized vehicles including ATV’s, golf carts, motorized bikes, scooters, or skateboards are NOT allowed on the racetrack at Thunderhill Park. No one under 16 allowed on any ATV, golf cart, motorized bike, or scooter.
- People may walk or ride a bicycle on the track after hours with permission from Thunderhill Raceway Park management.
- Recycle Bins Are available in the paddock area; please use them appropriately.
- Please do not throw trash on the ground. There are trash cans throughout the paddock.
- Illegal drugs, explosives, guns, bows and arrows, sling shots, and similar devices are prohibited. Anyone found with these items will be asked to leave the property.
- NO FIREWORKS ALLOWED!
- Pets allowed into the track must be on a leash at all times. Please clean up after your pet. Pet access is a privilege not a right. The track reserves the right to deny pet access to the property at any time.
- No open campfires or barrel fires are allowed. Only contained, manufactured barbeques and grills are permitted.
- No race engines can be run before 7:30 am or after 6:00 pm Quiet time is from 10pm – 7:30am. Please be courteous to your neighbors by not playing loud music or making loud noises between these hours.
- No waste water dumping is allowed. There are RV dump areas a few miles from track. Please see Thunderhill Park Management for directions.
- Offensive signs, public drunkenness and loud profanity will not be tolerated.
- The selling of unauthorized merchandise is not permitted.
- Please do not overload the electrical hookups with excessive cords, etc. as you may cause outages for your neighbors.
- Thunderhill Raceway Park is not responsible for theft, damage, or loss of property.
2023 Tire Rack SCCA Time Trials National Tour at Thunderhill Raceway Park
Powered by Hagerty
April 14th - 16th, 2023 — Event Schedule
Friday, April 14th
Saturday, April 15th
|6:45AM||Worker Meeting (Location TBA)|
|8:30AM||Driver Briefing - (Location TBA)
|9:20AM||YellowGroup - Practice Session 1
|9:40AM||RedGroup - Practice Session 1
|10:00AM||PurpleGroup - Practice Session 1|
|10:20AM||YellowGroup- Practice Session 2|
|10:40AM||RedGroup - Practice Session 2|
||PurpleGroup - Practice Session 2|
|11:30AM||TT -YellowGroup -Time Attack 1: Session 1|
|11:50AM||TT -RedGroup -Time Attack 1: Session 1|
|12:10PM||TT -PurpleGroup - Time Attack 1: Session 1|
|12:30PM||Lunch - TT Check-In/Tech Closed - TNiA Check-In/Tech Open - Touring Laps|
|1:30PM||TT -YellowGroup - Time Attack 1: Session 2|
|1:50PM||TT -RedGroup - Time Attack 1: Session 2|
|2:10PM||TT -PurpleGroup - Time Attack 1: Session 2|
|2:30PM||Break - TNiA Check-In/Tech Closed|
|2:40PM||TNiA Paced Laps|
|6:00PM||Course Closed and Hagerty Social Dinner Party - All Participants|
Sunday, April 16th
TT -PurpleGroup - Time Attack 2: Session 1
TT -RedGroup - Time Attack 2: Session 1
TT -YellowGroup -Time Attack 2: Session 1
TT -PurpleGroup - Time Attack 2: Session 2
TT -RedGroup - Time Attack 2: Session 2
TT -YellowGroup -Time Attack 2: Session 2
TT -PurpleGroup - Time Attack 2: Session 3
TT -RedGroup - Time Attack 2: Session 3
TT -YellowGroup -Time Attack 2: Session 3
|12:20PM||Lunch - TT/TE Check-In/Tech Closed|
TT -PurpleGroup - Time Attack 3: Session 1
TT -RedGroup - Time Attack 3: Session 1
TT -YellowGroup - Time Attack 3: Session 1
TT -PurpleGroup - Time Attack 3: Session 2
TT -RedGroup - Time Attack 3: Session 2
TT -YellowGroup - Time Attack 3: Session 2
Hagerty On-track Insurance:
You CAN get Hagerty on track insurance for your vehicle for this event. To get information and a quote, go tohttps://www.hagerty.com/insurance/track-day-insurance
If you're looking to go faster, look no father. Blayzemembers select their dedicated coach (drivers from the IMSA WeatherTech or IndyCar series) to learn personally with.
When joiningBlayzeyou will get connected with a dedicated full-time coach for less than $1/day. Hop on an intro call with them, easily upload your video (and data if you have it) for in-depth personal coaching sessions, chat message with them, and joinBlayze+ Live calls twice a month!
Click hereto see a sample of the quality coaching you can expect when working withBlayzecoaches and how it works.
No matter what you race, where you race, what your goals are, or how long you have been racingBlayzecoaches will help you find speed and drive safer. Click here to learn more about joiningBlayze+!
A. PAYMENTS, WITHDRAWALS & REFUNDS: Credit card payment is required for online registration. A full refund will be given for cancellations made 2 weeks before the event start date. A $100 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations made within 2 weeks of event start date. Any withdrawal or cancellation of your registration should go through my.scca.com by going to "My Events", finding your event, and clicking "cancel" to submit a cancellation request. If you have any additional questions, please reach out to the Time Trials team at email@example.com.
Ready to Go? Reserve Your Spot Now!
More Questions? Ask Us!