2019 Tire Rack SCCA Time Trials National Tour at High Plains Raceway Powered by Hagerty
2019 Tire Rack SCCA Time Trials National Tour at High Plains Raceway Powered by Hagerty
LIVE TIMING - Driver In-Car HUD
LIVE TIMING - Overall Competition Results
The Tire Rack SCCA Time Trials National Tour is an engaging, accessible and inclusive nationwide tour designed to give enthusiasts the chance to push limits on track, to experience cars bound only by budget and imagination and to enjoy off-track social activities featuring food, media, photography and fun. Camping at the track is encouraged, friends and family are welcome and food and drink are available on site.
ON-TRACK, drivers will tackle the 2.55-Mile High Plains Raceway and vie for the best single lap during TimeAttack lapping sessions and combine that with a furious no-endurance needed point-to-point TrackSprint event. The best times from each will be combined to determine finishing order and the top three overall and in each class stand on the KONI Podium and take home the trophies.
OFF-TRACK: Those who want to experience the action, excitement and festivities of a Time Trials National Tour are not limited to drivers. Corner Workers, Tech Officials, Timing and Scoring gurus and more are absolutely welcome at the event and at the parties. Helping as a volunteer, worker or officials costs nothing (you even get some goodies) and those interested can register by clicking the link below.
High Plains Raceway Event Officials
|Event Lead||Jon Krolewicz
|Competition Director||Bob Tunnell
|Driver Coaches||John Hunter, Andy Howe, Courtney Rivers
A. GENERAL RULES: This event is governed by the 2019 SCCA Time Trial Rules (TTR), National Competition Format and National Classing as outlined at timetrials.scca.com plus the rules and procedures found on this page.
B. PASSING & TRACK PROCEDURES: Groups will use the suggested passing rules and procedures for Novice, Intermediate and Advanced Drivers as outlined in the “Rules of The Track” section found at timetrials.scca.com.
C. CLOTHING: Drivers are required to wear the minimum clothing outlined in the SCCA Time Trials Rules for their car and class. Safe apparel must be worn in the pits at all times (shirts and closed toe shoes). Crew members on pit lane must display their event credentials at all times while on pit lane.
D. PACED LAPS: Paced Laps are intended for Novice Drivers and Drivers who have never seen the track. Other drivers may join with permission of their group's driver coach if they join at the back and track density permits.
E. PIT LANE: The speed limit on pit road is 25 mph. No tire scrubbing in the pit lane prior to entering the course.
F. IMPOUND: Drivers will report to impound for post-session debriefs immediately following each session.
G. RESULTS: Live timing will be available during the event at timetrials.scca.com. Provisional and final results will be posted at the Event Center. Additionally, final results will be posted to timetrials.scca.com no later than seven days following the completion of the event.
H. FLAG PROCEDURES: Black Flag Station and other event-specific flagging procedures will be announced at the event.
I. SCALES: Location and Requirements will be available at check-in.
J. EVENT SCHEDULE: Actual session start times may be delayed from the published schedule due to unforeseen circumstances during the event. It is the driver’s responsibility to listen to the PA system and pay attention to activity on track. The schedule or run groups may only be changed (or start times advanced) at the discretion of the Competition Director, with concurrence by the Event Lead, depending on pre-race entry counts or as needed to accommodate situations during the event.
K. COMMUNICATIONS: Radio frequencies used by event officials may be monitored but shall not be used for communication by any participant.
A. DRIVER ELIGIBILITY: The event is open to all drivers with a valid state driver's license and a full or weekend membership to the SCCA. If you don't have a membership you can join or include the weekend membership when you register.
B. TIME TRIALS LICENSES: It will help if you have one, but it's OK if you don't. Event officials will work with you to make sure you get one fitting your experience level at the event. (No charge.)
C. MEDICAL: Please notify the Officials of any pertinent medical condition(s). Any participants involved in an accident in which there is significant damage or any injury, or at a race official’s discretion, MUST present themselves or be transported to the track medical facility for evaluation. Off-site medical transportation fees may apply.
D. MINOR DRIVERS: Drivers 16- and 17-years-old, with a state-issued driver's license can compete, but there is some extra paperwork. Please contact Officials before the event and get approval from the Event Lead.
Vehicle Eligibility and Information
A. VEHICLE ELIGIBILITY: Competition is open to all vehicles conforming to the National Time Trials Classes.
B. DECALS: All cars must have Tire Rack SCCA Time Trials National Tour decals and any required partner decals visibly placed on each side of the vehicle and a Tire Rack windshield banner at the top of the front windshield. Decals will be provided free of charge and may be obtained at registration and/or tech. A diagram of sticker placement for Time Trials National Tour events can be found here: Time Trials National Tour Decal Placement. A diagram of sticker placement for Time Trials Nationals can be found here: Time Trials Nationals Decal Placement.
C. TECHNICAL INSPECTION: All vehicles must be presented at tech to turn in tech forms and pass the event safety inspection (Tech) if required prior to any on-course participation. Tech may also check event sponsor decal requirements and verify compliance of Vehicle Identification. Competitors are cautioned that color combinations such as red/black, red/blue, and white/silver do not have adequate contrast.
D. TIMING & SCORING: All cars are required to use fully operational MyLaps/AMB TranX260 or X2 transponders. The driver is responsible for providing correct information to Timing & Scoring. Non-functioning transponders will likely result in the loss of times.
E. RENTAL TRANSPONDERS: Rental transponders are available through registration.
High Plains Raceway Track Information
A. GENERAL RULES
1. The entry road speed limit is 25 mph. The paddock speed limit is 10 mph.
2. The racing surface, including the track entry, exit and hot pit, is operated in a clockwise manner only. At no time may any vehicle be operated in a counter-clockwise manner unless specifically directed to do so by an event official.
3. Cars within the hot pits may be pushed backward by crew, but can be driven backwards only when specifically directed to do so by an event official.
4. The HPR sound limit is 103 decibels on the A scale, as measured at any property line by track management. Vehicles in violation will not be allowed to continue use of the track without correcting the situation. Any vehicle causing a violation will be immediately black flagged and not allowed back on track until corrective measures have been taken. Any vehicle found to be in violation a third time on any day will be excluded without refund from further participation in the event.
5. Motor vehicles are not allowed on the race track from the time it is closed (“cold”) for the evening until it is opened again the following morning.
6. Bicycling and walking are allowed on the race track during non-use (“cold”) hours unless track maintenance vehicles are using the track.
7. Firearms must be stored out of sight and secured.
8. Fireworks are absolutely prohibited. Anyone caught using any type of fireworks will be removed from the property for the balance of the event.
9. Wood fires may be made and maintained ONLY in HPR provided or approved fire pits between sunset and sunrise. The persons making such fires are responsible for keeping them contained and insuring they are completely extinguished before leaving them.
10. Small children may not be left unattended.
11. Pets must be on a leash at all times while on track property.
12. Radio controlled helicopters, airplanes and any other devices that intentionally leave the ground may not be operated on or over HPR property.
13. Non-street legal race vehicles, pit bikes, scooters, etc may be operated on HPR property only but must be, "parked at dark." Anyone found to be operating non-street legal vehicles on highway 36 will be immediately escorted from the property for the balance of the event.
B. DRUGS AND ALCOHOL
1. Alcohol may not be consumed by anyone anywhere on HPR property until the track surface is closed (“cold”) at the end of the day.
2. Marijuana possession and/or use is not permitted at any time.
3. Illegal drug possession and/or use is not permitted at any time.
4. Persons using prescription drugs that bear warnings against driving motor vehicles shall not use the race track surface, nor be allowed in areas marked “authorized personnel only”.
5. Persons violating HPR drug and/or alcohol policies may be immediately escorted from the premises. Second chances will be given on a case-by-case basis. There are no third chances.
1. Parking is allowed in the RV area by registration and pre-payment ONLY.
2. Tent camping is allowed in the paddock without any reservations on nights when the paddock is open overnight. Check the event calendar to see which nights the paddock is open.
3. Oil, transmission fluid, anti-freeze, and other hazardous fluids may only be left at the track in containers designated for those purposes. Take used tires home.
4. Permission must be obtained from track management before marking any paved surface with anything other than chalk.
5. Do not drive stakes or nails into the asphalt.
6. Stakes may be driven into unpaved areas only with location specific authorization from track management. There are underground utilities, and you will be charged for any repairs to utilities or the asphalt.
2019 Tire Rack SCCA Time Trials National Tour at High Plains Raceway Presented by Hagerty
June 14-16, 2019
|GROUP 1: ADVANCED A||GROUP 2 INTERMEDIATE||GROUP 3: ADVANCED B||GROUP 4: NOVICE|
Friday, June 14
Saturday, June 15
||Worker Meeting (Location TBA)
|8:00AM||Driver's Meeting - (Location TBA)
|8:55AM||Group 1 - Advanced A - Practice Session 1|
|Novice Group Classroom (Location TBA)
|9:20AM||Group 2 - Intermediate - Practice Session 1|
|9:45AM||Group 3 - Advanced B - Practice Session 1|
|10:10AM||Group 4 - Novice - Practice Session 1|
|10:35AM||10-Minute Flex Time|
|10:45AM||Group 1 - Advanced A - Practice Session 2|
|11:10AM||Group 2 - Intermediate - Practice Session 2|
|11:35AM||Group 3 - Advanced B - Practice Session 2|
|12:00PM||Group 4 - Novice - Practice Session 2|
|12:25PM||Lunch/Check-In and Tech Close|
|1:25PM||Group 1 - Advanced A - Time Attack 1: Session 1|
|1:50PM||Group 2 - Intermediate - Time Attack 1: Session 1
|2:15PM||Group 3 - Advanced B - Time Attack 1: Session 1
|2:40PM||Group 4 - Novice - Time Attack 1: Session 1
||10-Minute Flex Time|
|3:15PM||Group 1 - Advanced A - Time Attack 1: Session 2|
||Group 2 - Intermediate - Time Attack 1: Session 2
||Group 3 - Advanced B - Time Attack 1: Session 2
||Group 4 - Novice - Time Attack 1: Session 2
|5:30PM||Hagerty All-Participant Party|
Sunday, June 16
|8:30AM||TrackSprint Sessions - Groups 1-4 run consecutively
|11:00AM||Group 1 - Advanced A - Time Attack 2: Session 1|
|11:25AM||Group 2 - Intermediate - Time Attack 2: Session 1|
|11:50AM||Group 3 - Advanced B - Time Attack 2: Session 1|
|12:15PM||Group 4 - Novice - Time Attack 2: Session 1|
|1:40PM||Group 1 - Advanced A - Time Attack 2: Session 2|
|2:05PM||Group 2 - Intermediate - Time Attack 2: Session 2|
|2:30PM||Group 3 - Advanced B - Time Attack 2: Session 2|
|2:55PM||Group 4 - Novice - Time Attack 2: Session 2|
|3:45PM||KONI PODIUM CELEBRATION|
CLICK HERE FOR THE HIGH PLAINS RACERS360 VIDEO TRACK GUIDE
CLICK HERE for a FREE APEXPro Demo @ High Plains Raceway