2020 Tire Rack SCCA Time Trials National Tour at Carolina Motorsports Park Powered by Hagerty
2020 Tire Rack SCCA Time Trials National Tour at Carolina Motorsports Park Powered by Hagerty
The Tire Rack SCCA Time Trials National Tour is an engaging, accessible and inclusive nationwide tour designed to give enthusiasts the chance to push limits on track, to experience cars bound only by budget and imagination and to enjoy off-track social activities featuring food, media, photography and fun. Camping at the track is encouraged, friends and family are welcome and food and drink are available on site.
ON-TRACK, drivers will tackle the 2.27-Mile Carolina Motorsports Park and vie for the best single lap during Time Attack lapping sessions and combine that with a furious no-endurance needed point-to-point TrackSprint event. The best times from each will be combined to determine finishing order and the top three overall and in each class stand on the KONI Podium and take home the trophies.
OFF-TRACK: Those who want to experience the action, excitement and festivities of a Time Trials National Tour are not limited to drivers. Tech Officials, Timing and Scoring gurus and more are welcome at the event and at the parties. Helping as a volunteer, worker or officials costs nothing and those interested can apply by using the link below.
CMP EVENT OFFICIALS
|Event Lead||Heyward Wagner|
|Competition Director||Tom O'Gorman
|Driver Coaches||Justin Barbry, John Hunter|
CMP EVENT RULES
A. GENERAL RULES: This event is governed by the 2019 SCCA Time Trial Rules (TTR), National Competition Format and National Classing as outlined at timetrials.scca.com plus the rules and procedures found on this page.
B. PASSING & TRACK PROCEDURES: Groups will use the suggested passing rules and procedures for Novice, Intermediate and Advanced Drivers as outlined in the “Rules of The Track” section found at timetrials.scca.com.
C. CLOTHING: Drivers are required to wear the minimum clothing outlined in the SCCA Time Trials Rules for their car and class. Safe apparel must be worn in the pits at all times (shirts and closed toe shoes). Crew members on pit lane must display their event credentials at all times while on pit lane.
D. PACED LAPS: Paced Laps are intended for Novice Drivers and Drivers who have never seen the track. Other drivers may join with permission of their group's driver coach if they join at the back and track density permits.
E. PIT LANE: The speed limit on pit road is 25 mph. No tire scrubbing in the pit lane prior to entering the course.
F. IMPOUND: Drivers will report to impound for post-session debriefs immediately following each session.
G. RESULTS: Live timing will be available during the event at timetrials.scca.com. Provisional and final results will be posted at the Event Center. Additionally, final results will be posted to timetrials.scca.com no later than seven days following the completion of the event.
H. FLAG PROCEDURES: Black Flag Station and other event-specific flagging procedures will be announced at the event.
I. SCALES: Location and Requirements will be available at check-in.
J. EVENT SCHEDULE: Actual session start times may be delayed from the published schedule due to unforeseen circumstances during the event. It is the driver’s responsibility to listen to the PA system and pay attention to activity on track. The schedule or run groups may only be changed (or start times advanced) at the discretion of the Competition Director, with concurrence by the Event Lead, depending on pre-race entry counts or as needed to accommodate situations during the event.
K. COMMUNICATIONS: Radio frequencies used by event officials may be monitored but shall not be used for communication by any participant.
DRIVER ELIGIBILITY AND INFORMATION
A. DRIVER ELIGIBILITY: The event is open to all drivers with a valid state driver's license and a full or weekend membership to the SCCA. If you don't have a membership you can join or include the weekend membership when you register.
B. TIME TRIALS LICENSES: It will help if you have one, but it's OK if you don't. Event officials will work with you to make sure you get one fitting your experience level at the event. (No charge.)
C. MEDICAL: Please notify the Officials of any pertinent medical condition(s). Any participants involved in an accident in which there is significant damage or any injury, or at a race official’s discretion, MUST present themselves or be transported to the track medical facility for evaluation. Off-site medical transportation fees may apply.
D. MINOR DRIVERS: Drivers 16- and 17-years-old, with a state-issued driver's license can compete, but there is some extra paperwork. Please contact Officials before the event and get approval from the Event Lead.
VEHICLE ELIGIBILITY AND INFORMATION
A. VEHICLE ELIGIBILITY: Competition is open to all vehicles conforming to the National Time Trials Classes.
B. DECALS: All cars must have Tire Rack SCCA Time Trials National Tour decals and any required partner decals visibly placed on each side of the vehicle and a Tire Rack windshield banner at the top of the front windshield. Decals will be provided free of charge and may be obtained at registration and/or tech. A diagram of sticker placement for Time Trials National Tour events can be found here: Time Trials National Tour Decal Placement. A diagram of sticker placement for Time Trials Nationals can be found here: Time Trials Nationals Decal Placement.
C. TECHNICAL INSPECTION: All vehicles must be presented at tech to turn in tech forms and pass the event safety inspection (Tech) if required prior to any on-course participation. Tech may also check event sponsor decal requirements and verify compliance of Vehicle Identification. Competitors are cautioned that color combinations such as red/black, red/blue, and white/silver do not have adequate contrast.
D. TIMING & SCORING: All cars are required to use fully operational MyLaps/AMB TranX260 or X2 transponders. The driver is responsible for providing correct information to Timing & Scoring. Non-functioning transponders will likely result in the loss of times.
E. RENTAL TRANSPONDERS: Rental transponders are available through registration.
CMP TRACK INFO
1. RULES OF THE PITS: All persons working in pit lane shall be SCCA members wearing the proper credentials. Working pits will not be allowed in the area of the false grid. Smoking is prohibited in all grid and pit areas.
2. RULES OF THE PADDOCK: The paddock is defined as the fenced area adjacent to pit road, false grid and tech. These rules apply to all paved and grassed areas. Electric power that is available is to be shared by all. DO NOT OVERLOAD THE POWER OUTLETS. A $25 charge will be applied to owners of all units plugged in to a power pole for any damage to outlets on that pole.
3. PADDOCK VEHICLES: Use of ATV’s or gasoline powered pit vehicles is at the discretion of Carolina Motorsports Park and the chief steward and shall not exceed 10 MPH. . These vehicles shall be operated in a safe manner and only by licensed individuals. No fireworks, firearms, weapons or illegal drugs are permitted anywhere on the premises. Animals must be on leash at all times. Failure to abide by these rules may result in immediate expulsion from the event premises by track management or the organizing region and/or a permanent ban from the track.
4. SOUND CONTROL: A sound limit of 103 db is in effect Per track rules.
5. FIRE EXTINGUISHERS: The track requires each race car entered to have, immediately available at all times, one (1) portable, dry chemical fire extinguisher of a rating of at least 12 BC.
6. QUIET HOURS: No race engines may be run between 8:00 pm and 7:30 am each day, or during quiet time between 11:00am and 12:00 pm on Sunday.
7. FACILITIES: Carolina Motorsports Park is an SCCA approved 2.279-mile road course. Water, air and electricity are available in the paddock. Minimal RV hook-ups are available. Toilets and showers are available. Oil dump stations are available, and you are expected to use them. No batteries, tires or fluids are to be dumped at the facility. The speed limit on all Park property is 10 mph. The paddock will be open for entry at 5 pm on Friday, or earlier at the discretion of CMP. Any SCCA member arriving at the track after registration closes on Friday evening may be allowed to enter the track upon signing a CMP Track waiver, and at the discretion of the CMP Security Guard. Any individual entering in this manner must return to Registration on Saturday morning before being allowed to participate in any part of the event. Driver or crew not properly SCCA registered will be ejected from the track without refund. Race fuel is available at the track at hours designated by the track. Covered garages are now available on a first come basis by contacting CMP directly.
Friday, May 22
|4:00PM||Check-in + Tech Open|
|9:00PM||Check-in + Tech Close|
Multiple Driver's Briefings are being offered to keep head count down at each. Drivers are only expected to attend one.
Saturday, May 23
|7:00AM||Check-in + Tech Open|
|8:40AM||Novice Paced Laps|
|9:00AM||Advanced 1 — Practice 1|
|9:20AM||Advanced 2 — Practice 1|
|9:40AM||Intermediate — Practice 1|
|10:00AM||Novice — Practice 1|
|10:40AM||Advanced 1 — Practice 2|
|11:00AM||Advanced 2 — Practice 2|
|11:20AM||Intermediate — Practice 2|
|11:40AM||Novice — Practice 2|
|1:00PM||Advanced 1 — TimeAttack 1|
|1:20PM||Advanced 2 — TimeAttack 1|
|1:40PM||Intermediate — TimeAttack 1|
|2:00PM||Novice — TimeAttack 1|
|2:40PM||Advanced 1 — TimeAttack 2|
|3:00PM||Advanced 2 — TimeAttack 2|
|3:20PM||Intermediate — TimeAttack 2|
|3:40PM||Novice — TimeAttack 2|
|4:00PM||Course Cold/Flex Time|
|5:00PM||Distanced Dinner, presented by Hagerty|
Sunday, May 24
S4, S5, S6, T5
S3, S4, T2, T3
S1, S2, T1, P2, P3, P4
P1, M1, M2, M3, U1, U2
|8:00AM||TrackSprint Info Meeting|
|8:30AM||TrackSprint — Run consecutively by group
— Group 1
— Group 2
— Group 3
— Group 4
|12:00PM||Advanced 1 — TimeAttack 1|
|12:20PM||Advanced 2 — TimeAttack 1|
|12:40PM||Intermediate — TimeAttack 1|
|1:00PM||Novice — TimeAttack 1|
|1:40PM||Advanced 1 — TimeAttack 2|
|2:00PM||Advanced 2 — TimeAttack 2|
|2:20PM||Intermediate — TimeAttack 2
|2:40PM||Novice — TimeAttack 2
|3:00PM||Cold Course/Flex Time|
|3:30PM||KONI Podium Celebration
Sunday TimeAttack Sessions will be split into 12-car, 3-lap sessions
A. REGISTRATION: Online Registration is preferred, but drivers without the ability to enter online may request a call-in registration by e-mailing the address below or may request a paper entry form and mail it with their entry fees to the SCCA National Office:
6620 SE Dwight Street
Topeka, KS 66619
Do not mail entries by any method that requires a signature upon delivery.
B. PAYMENTS, WITHDRAWALS & REFUNDS: Credit card payment is required for online registration. Full refund will be given for withdraws requested before the event. All withdrawals must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.