2021 Tire Rack SCCA Time Trials National Tour at Virginia International Raceway Powered by Hagerty
2021 Tire Rack SCCA Time Trials National Tour at Virginia International Raceway Powered by Hagerty
The Tire Rack SCCA Time Trials National Tour is an engaging, accessible and inclusive nationwide tour designed to give enthusiasts the chance to push limits on track, to experience cars bound only by budget and imagination and to enjoy off-track social activities featuring food, media, photography and fun. Camping at the track is encouraged, friends and family are welcome and food and drink are available on site.
|Event Lead||Heyward Wagner/John Hunter
A. GENERAL RULES: This event is governed by the 2021 SCCA Time Trial Rules (TTR), National Competition Format and National Classing as outlined at timetrials.scca.com plus the rules and procedures found on this page.
B. PASSING & TRACK PROCEDURES: Groups will use the suggested passing rules and procedures for Novice, Intermediate and Advanced Drivers as outlined in the “Rules of The Track” section found at timetrials.scca.com.
C. CLOTHING: Drivers are required to wear the minimum clothing outlined in the SCCA Time Trials Rules or as required in the specific track rules for their car and class. Safe apparel must be worn in the pits at all times (shirts and closed toe shoes). Crew members on pit lane must display their event credentials at all times while on pit lane.
D. PACED LAPS: Paced Laps are intended for Novice Drivers and Drivers who have never seen the track. Other drivers may join with permission of their group's driver coach if they join at the back and track density permits.
E. PIT LANE: The speed limit on pit road is 25 mph. No tire scrubbing in the pit lane prior to entering the course.
F. IMPOUND: Drivers will report to impound for post-session debriefs immediately following each session.
G. RESULTS: Live timing will be available during the event at timetrials.scca.com. Provisional and final results will be posted at the Event Center. Additionally, final results will be posted to timetrials.scca.com no later than seven days following the completion of the event.
H. FLAG PROCEDURES: Black Flag Station and other event-specific flagging procedures will be announced at the event.
I. SCALES: Location and Requirements will be available at check-in.
J. EVENT SCHEDULE: Actual session start times may be delayed from the published schedule due to unforeseen circumstances during the event. It is the driver’s responsibility to listen to the PA system and pay attention to activity on track. The schedule or run groups may only be changed (or start times advanced) at the discretion of the Competition Director, with concurrence by the Event Lead, depending on pre-race entry counts or as needed to accommodate situations during the event.
K. COMMUNICATIONS: Radio frequencies used by event officials may be monitored but shall not be used for communication by any participant.
DRIVER ELIGIBILITY AND INFORMATION
A. DRIVER ELIGIBILITY: The event is open to all drivers with a valid state driver's license and a full or weekend membership to the SCCA. If you don't have a membership you can join or include the weekend membership when you register.
B. TIME TRIALS LICENSES: It will help if you have one, but it's OK if you don't. Event officials will work with you to make sure you get one fitting your experience level at the event. (No charge.)
C. MEDICAL: Please notify the Officials of any pertinent medical condition(s). Any participants involved in an accident in which there is significant damage or any injury, or at a race official’s discretion, MUST present themselves or be transported to the track medical facility for evaluation. Off-site medical transportation fees may apply.
D. MINOR DRIVERS: Drivers 16- and 17-years-old, with a state-issued driver's license can compete, but there is some extra paperwork. Please contact Officials before the event and get approval from the Event Lead.
VEHICLE ELIGIBILITY AND INFORMATION
A. VEHICLE ELIGIBILITY: Competition is open to all vehicles conforming to the National Time Trials Classes.
B. DECALS: All cars must have Tire Rack SCCA Time Trials National Tour decals and any required partner decals visibly placed on each side of the vehicle and a Tire Rack windshield banner at the top of the front windshield. Decals will be provided free of charge and may be obtained at registration and/or tech. A diagram of sticker placement for Time Trials National Tour events can be found here: Time Trials National Tour Decal Placement. A diagram of sticker placement for Time Trials Nationals can be found here: Time Trials Nationals Decal Placement.
C. TECHNICAL INSPECTION: All vehicles must be presented at tech to turn in tech forms and pass the event safety inspection (Tech) if required prior to any on-course participation. Tech may also check event sponsor decal requirements and verify compliance of Vehicle Identification. Competitors are cautioned that vehicle/identification color combinations such as red/black, red/blue, and white/silver do not have adequate contrast.
D. TIMING & SCORING: All cars are required to use fully operational MyLaps/AMB TranX260 or X2 transponders. The driver is responsible for providing correct information to Timing & Scoring. Non-functioning transponders will likely result in the loss of times.
E. RENTAL TRANSPONDERS: Rental transponders are available through registration.
VIR TRACK INFORMATION
A. Virginia International Raceway Driver/Vehicle Safety Requirements
VIR has the following rules which are required for vehicle and driver safety gear beyond the SCCA Time Trials Rules:
1. All convertible Vehicles must be equipped with a roll bar. Factory roll over equipment may not be sufficient.
2. Helmets must be "SA" rated and have a certification date of 2010 or newer. "M" helmets and SA2005 or older are not allowed.
3. Drivers in a race-prepared car must wear a one-piece SFI- or FIA-rated driver’s suit with a minimum of two layers. A current SA2010 or higher rated competition-approved helmet and closed- toed shoes, either leather or Nomex recommended. Nomex gloves and socks are also recommended, as is an approved head and neck restraint system.
4. At Virginia International Raceway - Long pants are required for drivers and anyone in the pits.
B. General Information
1. Event Waiver: All participants and spectators must fill out VIR’s standard waiver at front gate.
2. Alcoholic Beverages: Alcohol is permitted, provided it is for individual consumption. No glass beer bottles allowed.
3. Unmanned Arial Vehicles: Drones are not allowed on VIR property in accordance with FAA regulations.
4. Restricted Areas: Areas inside the Track Fence or Pond Fence is off limits to the public. At not time is anyone authorized to climb or modify a fence or bypass a gate.
5. Fireworks: Fireworks are prohibited anywhere on the grounds.
6. Fishing: Fishing anywhere on VIR property is prohibited.
7. Quiet Hours: Unmuffled engines must not be run between 8pm and 8am and Quiet hours for gatherings, music, etc. are from 11pm to 7am.
8. Smoking: Smoking in any VIR building, inside the “hot” fence of the track, or on pit lane is strictly forbidden.
9. Campfires: Campfires/Ground fires are not allowed. Fires must be contained in a portable and self-contained fire pit off the ground. Use of VIR property as firewood is prohibited. Open fires of any type are not permitted in Paddock area at any time.
10. Pop-up Shelters: Canopies or “EZ-Ups” will not be placed in front of any facility designated as a hospitality area. The canopy owner is responsible for any damage caused by their canopy if it is caught by the wind and carried into persons or objects.
C. Paddock Rules
1. Minors/Youth: Children are not permitted to ride bikes, hoverboards, rollerblades, skates, skateboards and scooters in the Paddock during hot track hours.
2. Access Roads: Speed limit in the paddock, in front of the Lodge and South Bend Road (Villas) is 15mph. Speed limit on the access roads is 25mph.
3. Parking: Participants must park Vehicles and trailers within the lines in North & South Paddocks, North & South Timing Towers and the accompanying Tech Sheds.
In the North Paddock, there is no parking in front of the Victory Circle Podium fire lane, the Pagoda, the TMI Racing Products store, or the fence along pit road. Violating vehicles are subject to being towed.
4. Emergency Vehicle Access: Fire Lanes in each Paddock (outlined in yellow) must remain clear at all times. This includes in front of Victory lane and the “No Parking” lane in front of the Pagoda in the North Paddock, and South Paddock Timing Tower.
5. Facility Surfaces: Pounding stakes or making holes in any paved surface or the use of paint or spray marking of any type on any paved surface including, but not limited to, any part of the Racecourse proper, Paddock, False Grid or Skit Pad is prohibited. Offenders will be held liable for all damages and may be ejected and refused re-entry.
6. Asphalt protection: If Participants must raise a vehicle on asphalt, or use landing gear with a trailer, they MUST have metal or wood under the jack, jack stands, or landing gear. Violators are subject to a $500 fee per damaged/marked area.
7. Equipment removal: All Vehicles and trailers must be removed immediately after the Event.
8. Facility Condition: Participants must leave VIR Property and all equipment used on the Property in the same condition as found.
9. Waste Materials: Participants must remove from the Property all “environmental debris” including, but not limited to, broken vehicle parts, fuel cans, batteries, scrap metal, tires, used oil, petroleum products and any other waste fluids, and any hazardous materials or substances.
Participants must dispose of all waste fluids properly in the designated Safety Kleen waste fluid drums or remove from property for proper disposal elsewhere.
10. Paddock Refueling: VIR requires anyone refueling in the paddock to use a drip pan to catch spilled fuel. Any fuel spills on any paved surface must be immediately diluted with Cold Fire. Cold Fire may be obtained, free of charge, from EMS or Security staff.
11. Garage fuel storage: Fuel jugs containing fuel are not allowed in Paddock Garages.
VIR Tire Rack SCCA Time Trials National Tour Powered by Hagerty Event Schedule
March 12 - 14, 2021
FRIDAY MARCH 12
|7:00PM||Driver Briefing Check-In/Registration/Tech Close|
SATURDAY MARCH 13
|7:45AM||Worker Meeting (Location TBA)|
|8:00AM||Driver Briefing - (Location TBA)
|8:50AM||Red Group - Practice Session 1
Green Group - Novice Group Briefing
|9:10AM||Orange Group - Practice Session 1
|9:30AM||Yellow Group - Practice Session 1
|9:50AM||Purple Group - Practice Session 1
|10:10AM||Green Group - Practice Session 1
|10:50AM||Red Group - Practice Session 2
|11:10AM||Orange Group - Practice Session 2
Yellow Group - Practice Session 2
|11:50AM||Purple Group - Practice Session 2|
|12:10PM||Green Group - Practice Session 2
|1:30PM||Red Group - Time Attack 1: Session 1
|1:50PM||Orange Group - Time Attack 1: Session 1
|2:10PM||Yellow Group - Time Attack 1: Session 1
|2:30PM||Purple Group - Time Attack 1: Session 1
|2:50PM||Green Group - Time Attack 1: Session 1
|3:20PM||Red Group - Time Attack 1: Session 2
|3:40PM||Orange Group - Time Attack 1: Session 2
|4:00PM||Yellow Group - Time Attack 1: Session 2
|4:20PM||Purple Group - Time Attack 1: Session 2
|4:40PM||Green Group - Time Attack 1: Session 2
|5:30PM||Social Party presented by Hagerty
SUNDAY MARCH 14
TrackSprint Info Meeting
TrackSprint Sessions - Groups run consecutively, 1—4
|Group 1 - U1, U2, M1, M2, M3, T1, T2|
|Group 2 - S1, S2, S3|
|Group 3 - T3, T4, M4, M5|
|Group 4 - S4, S5, S6, T5|
|12:30PM||Red Group - Time Attack 2: Session 1|
|12:50PM||Orange Group - Time Attack 2: Session 1
|1:10PM||Yellow Group - Time Attack 2: Session 1
|1:30PM||Purple Group - Time Attack 2: Session 1
|1:50PM||Green Group - Time Attack 2: Session 1
|2:20PM||Red Group - Time Attack 2: Session 2
|2:40PM||Orange Group -Time Attack 2: Session 2
|3:00PM||Yellow Group - Time Attack 2: Session 2
|3:20PM||Purple Group - Time Attack 2: Session 2
|3:40PM||Green Group - Time Attack 2: Session 2
|4:30PM||KONI PODIUM CELEBRATION
PAYMENTS WITHDRAWALS AND REFUNDS
A. REGISTRATION: Online Registration is preferred, but drivers without the ability to enter online may request a call-in registration by e-mailing the address below or may request a paper entry form and mail it with their entry fees to the SCCA National Office:
6620 SE Dwight Street
Topeka, KS 66619
Do not mail entries by any method that requires a signature upon delivery.
B. PAYMENTS, WITHDRAWALS & REFUNDS: Credit card payment is required for online registration. Full refund will be given for withdrawals requested before the event. All withdrawals must be made in writing to email@example.com.
COVID 19 EVENT GUIDELINES
There have been revised CDC guidelines surrounding COVID-19 released May 13, 2021, we have revised the SCCA COVID-19 Event Protocol for participants, event support, staff and drivers as follows for all National-led events.
You can read more here: https://www.scca.com/pages/covid-19-event-guidelines
We recommend this course of action for Regions as appropriate, and as local guidelines allow.